LEADERS - not followers

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

NaPoWriMo 2014 - Day 22


THE SAME NEG


I didn’t want today
To be the day I’d have to say
‘I didn’t want today’

I wanted yesterday
To last forever and a day
To never pass away

If I could take away today
I’d pay to re-live yesterday
The way it could have been today
The way it should have been today
The way it would have been today

If only I could say
I’d wanted yesterday to stay
As much as there’s no way

I want this day today
To be the day I have to say
‘I didn’t want today’

4 comments:

  1. I like the yesterday/today play. I've tried it myself a few times, but I think yours is more heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking about a lot of things when I wrote it...

      Delete
  2. It's been pointed out to me that the title of this piece is an anagram of Gethsemane, which gives it an even greater depth than my first reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The negativity that we all share (whoever we are) when 'Today' becomes the day we dread, works on so many levels for so many situations, and can be applied before or after the event...

      Delete