LEADERS - not followers

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

NaPoWriMo 2014 - Day 30


QUICK QUICK SLOW


While running backwards into danger with a stranger by my side I tried to hide behind a ranger who was several metres wide I'd slide my feet to guide me sweet from platforms seven eight nine ten but I should worry that my hurry wouldn't summon up the strength at length I’m calling falling forward during rush-hour on the tube a cubic yard from guard to exit though it’s hard to judge perspective next it’s up the escalator with a traitor from Jamaica our creator Mother Nature and a Japanese translator...
-Meanwhile- 
A thousand lifetimes later in a distant galaxy with scratch-resistant gallantry I’m courting fourteen different girls with curls and ringlets braids and tassels scarlet ribbons in their hair I swear I've died and gone to heaven I've got seven brides on one arm seven sisters on the other lists of lovers everywhere it’s there the bubble bursts I curse my luck and gaze up into outer space the race is on I’m sprinting faster hinting I'll avert disaster cast a glance from left to right I’m asking can I sight solutions or infusions weak dilutions of insipid executions of a concept in my mind…

 
…but it’s...
                       one step...
                                             at a time…
                                                                   and I’m back…

                                                                                                on Euston station…
                                                                                                                                        
...hesitation… 
realisation...
                          as the train… ...
                                                          draws… … ...
                                                                                   to… … … ...
                                                                                                        a… … … … ...
                                                                                                                                halt… … … ... … …!


                                                                                                                                                                 




                                                                                                                                                                                              

3 comments:

  1. Dead good! Reads like a speeding bullet train! Love the steps at the end too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Andy... It came to me in a dream... literally... ...!

      Delete
  2. Just had another butchers at this one, The steps look like two escalators, one going up, one going down. Maybe you could incorporate this into your Bus collection somehow.

    ReplyDelete